The Law Firm of Omar T. Mohammedi LLC has successfully handled several high profile cases that have presented complex legal issues while garnering media attention. This includes, but is not limited to, the following cases:
In re the Estate of Amadou Diallo
OTMLAW successfully handled and settled a landmark $3 million case against the New York Police Department (NYPD) for the racial profiling and killing of an unarmed man, Amadou Diallo.The lawsuit was instrumental in initiating reform throughout the NYPD to prevent profiling against minorities in New York City.
The Six Imams Case
OTMLAW defeated two motions to dismiss and five summary judgment motions on behalf of the six Imams to establish a major precedent protecting minorities from profiling, warrantless search, illegal detention, and false arrest and imprisonment based on the victims’ religious belief and practices, race and national origin. The precedent asserts the six Imams’ and other minorities’ rights under the Fourth, the Fifth and Sixth Amendment Rights.
Read More about the Six Imams case:
- Shqeirat v. US Airways Group, Inc., 645 F.Supp.2d 765 (D.Minn. 2009)
- Shqeirat v. US Airways Group, Inc., 2008 WL 4232018 (D.Minn. Sept. 9, 2008)
- Shqeirat v. US Airways Group, Inc., 515 F.Supp.2d 984 (D.Minn. 2007)
Lewis v. MTA
The Law Firm of Omar T. Mohammedi, LLC currently represents a Muslim woman in a major employment discrimination case against the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA).
Read More about this case:
In re 9/11 Litigation
The Law Firm of Omar T. Mohammedi, LLC currently represents various not-for-profit defendants in this $8 Trillion Multidistrict Litigation in the Southern District of New York.
Read More about the 9/11 Litgation:
- In re Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001, — F.Supp.2d —, 2010 WL 3783702 (S.D.N.Y. Sept. 13, 2010)
- In re Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001, 718 F.Supp.2d 456 (S.D.N.Y. 2010)
- In re Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001, 538 F.3d 71 (2d. Cir. 2008)