Select a Member:
Select a Topic:
Select a Topic:
- The Arab Spring and Constitutionalism in the Middle East
- Fordham Corporate Law Center Presents Islamic Finance
- 2010 Algeria Day at the OTC, Houston, Texas on 05/05/10
- Religious Diversity in the Workplace: Accommodation, Discrimination and Understanding on 03/18/10
- International Investment and Commercial Transactions: The Algerian-American Experience on 02/21/09
- Faith, Communities and Civil Soceities Program: The Six Imams Case and Civil Liberties on 01/23/09
- Islamic Estate Planning on 03/13/09
- Shariah Compliant Real Estate Transactions: Legal and Financial Aspects on 03/27/08
- Robert F. Wagner National Labor & Employment Law Moot Court Competition on 03/09/08
- ABCNY Labor & Employment Law Panel on 03/10/05
- Fordham Law Program on Islamic finance
Select a Topic:
- Sharia Compliant Wills: Principles, Recognition, and Enforcement, 57 N.Y.L. Sch. L. Rev. 259 (2012–2013)
- Shariah-Compliant Wills: An Overview, Probate & Property, Vol. 25, No. 1 (2011)
- International Trade and Investment in Algeria: An Overview, 18 Mich.J.Intl L. 376 (2010) on 05/24/2010
- Islamic Estate Planning and Planned Charitable Giving on 05/08/2010
- Shariah-Compliant Wills: A Primer on 07/15/2009
- A Legal and Policy Analysis of U.S. – Algerian Trade and Investment on 04/27/2009
- International Investment and Commercial Transactions: The Algerian-American Experience on 02/21/2009
- Islamic Estate Planning on 3/14/2009
- Murabaha: From Contract to Closing on 03/27/2008
- What is the Difference Between a 501, 501(c)(3) and (501)(c)(4) corporation? on 2007
- Corporate Establishments in Brief on 2005
- Protection Against Defamation on 2005
SELECT A TOPIC:
- Judge Clears Way for Lawsuit by 6 Imams Arrested at Minneapolis Airport
- Top Court lets stand Saudi Immunity in 9/11 case on 06/29/09
- Algeria Hopes to Attract U.S. Investments, Magharebia on 02/24/09
- Suit to Block Suburban Mosque Is Thrown Out, The Ledger on 02/28/08
- Six imams kicked off flight win a round in court on 11/21/07
- NYC Sued on Behalf of Teen Named Osama, CBS News on 06/12/07
- Paula Zahn interviews Omar Mohammedi regarding the Six Imams Case, CNN on 04/05/07
- Imams Kicked Off Flight Sue US Airways, CBS News on 03/13/07
- Six imams ejected from US flight, BBC News on 11/21/06
- Muslim Guard at Brooklyn Jail Claims Post-September 11 Abuse, The NY Sun on 10/17/06
- Democracy Now interview of Omar T. Mohammed, Esq. on 08/25/06
- M.T.A. Is Sued Over Its Policy on Muslim Head Coverings, NY Times on 10/01/04
- $3 Million Deal In Police Killing Of Diallo in ’99, New York Times on 01/07/04
- Lawyers as Leaders in Providing Services, New York Law Journal on 05/01/03
- Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg Announces Appointments To The New York City Commission On Human Rights on 10/15/02
- Diallo Seek Fed Help Justice Dept. to Meet with Parents, Sharpton on 01/16/00
- Diallo Protests Continue, CBS News on 02/22/00
- The Diallo Shooting: The Reaction; Worlds and Words Collide as Four are Arraigned on 04/01/99
Select a Topic:
Sharia Compliant Wills: Principles, Recognition, and Enforcement
- 57 N.Y.L. Sch. L. Rev. 259 (2012–2013)
“Shariah-compliant Wills: An Overview,”
- Probate & Property Journal, 2011.
- “International Trade & Investment in Algeria: An Overview,”
- Michigan Journal of International Law, 2010
- “Algeria: An Attractive Forum for Investments,”
- Dinar Standard, 2010
The Law Firm of Omar T. Mohammedi, LLC dismissed various not-for-profit defendants in this $8 Trillion Multidistrict Litigation in the Southern District of New York. IN THE MEDIA . . . Supreme Court Lets Stand Saudi Immunity in 9/11 Case (Reuters) Read...
Specialty: International Trade and Investment OTMLAW negotiates on behalf of major companies in their international trade and investment agreements, litigation, and arbitration. We have extensive experience in representing companies investing in the...
Islamic Center of South Florida OTMLAW successfully defeated a lawsuit against religious freedom, and preserved the Islamic Center of South Florida’s right to build a mosque in their local community. Motions to dismiss Judge’s decision
Specialty: Islamic Estate Planning OTMLAW advises clients on wills, living trusts and family-based corporations, to protect their assets during their lifetime and safeguard the welfare of their families after they pass away. We have the requisite training,...
In re Estate of Amadou Diallo OTMLAW successfully handled and settled a landmark $3 million case against the New York Police Department (NYPD) for the racial profiling and killing of an unarmed man, Amadou Diallo.The lawsuit was instrumental in initiating...
Specialty: Islamic Finance OTMLAW represents prominent companies and not-for-profit entities in their shariah-compliant financial structures such as sukuk (bonds), musharaka (partnership), murabaha (sale), ijara (lease) and istisna (construction). Omar...
Lewis v. New York City MTA OTMLAW and the Department of Justice defeated the Summary Judgment motion in an important religious freedom and accommodation case against the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA). Citation: United States v. New York City...
OTMLAW defeated two motions to dismiss and five summary judgment motions on behalf of the six Imams to establish a major precedent protecting minorities from profiling, warrantless search, illegal detention, and false arrest and imprisonment based...
The Law Firm of Omar T. Mohammedi, LLC successfully represented Osama Al Najjar–a 14-year-old student at a New York City public school. Osama was harassed and taunted by the teachers and staff on account of his first name “Osama.”...